I am not sure if this request is in the right forum, or even if it is on-topic, but here goes.

I like to do demonstrations/examples of basic techniques on my website. Anyone who has visited www.martinvt.com/ knows the stuff is pretty simple stuff. It has been in my mind for some time to do a demo of a simple Intranet application that does various things with a simple physical file. After several false starts, confusion, and missteps, I realize that this simple idea is still too complex for my current understanding.

My intention is to have a dual-sided application: do the tasks both with 5250 green screen and with a browser application. Lets say I have a physical file of flavors of ice cream with a link to an image of the item. I wish to add/update/delete to the file, and do a couple or reports from the file, including displaying the image in the browser. All on an i.

I have lots of questions, but probably the first question should be: Is there already an example out there somewhere that I should look at? The second question is: Am I tilting at windmills? Is this a foolish idea with no useful purpose? Third, is this something that is of interest to average RPG programmers?