I figured out how to get what I wanted, which was a recursive diretory listing of files only, and the output redirected to a table.
The solution follows:

OVRDBF FILE(STDOUT) TOFILE(SLLIB/FILELIST)
qsh cmd('find /ImageRight/Import/FUP/fupMonitor/backup -type f')

---- suncds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Scott, thank you for your response. When I run the command, the output is not directed to the iSeries table. Rather, it diaplays this message in QSHELL, repetitively:

ls: 001-3015 usage: ls [-ACFLRSTacdfiloqrstu1] [file ...]

I'm a qshell newbie, from what I can gather is that the embedded "ls" command needs to be revised.

---- Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Stuart,