That's interesting because this works fine for me.

CREATE FUNCTION &LIB/RETRIEVECALLERSQL ()
RETURNS CHAR(65)
LANGUAGE RPGLE
SPECIFIC RTVCALLER1
NOT DETERMINISTIC
NOT FENCED
NO SQL
CALLED ON NULL INPUT
EXTERNAL NAME RTVCALLER(RETRIEVECALLER)
PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL ;

V7R1 using Aldon Promotion process.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Thomas Garvey <tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow. Thanks so much, Chuck. That indeed worked. I never saw that in any
manual.

I'm not going to waste time trying to figure out why it worked without the
library reference and the apostrophes on our v7 and v5 boxes.

Thanks again.

Tom Garvey