Using SSD with IBMi V7R1

fixed

I’m new to using SSD’s (Solid State Drive)… In a few days I will be installing 8 - 177GB SSD’s to my system.

My thoughts are:

I will add them into the iASP containing our production data.

I will specify that certain heavily used files be stored on SSD using this command:

CHGPF FILE(P1FILES/ARCONY) UNIT(*SSD)

And then occasionally run this command:

STRASPBAL TYPE(*MP)

What do you think?

Is this a good way to utilize our new SSD resource ?

Kenneth
AKA … 肯尼思 or 케네스
Kenneth E. Graap
System Administrator