*** NOTE: I do not know much about Turnover and I _DO_ work for PTC (formerly MKS) on the Implementer product.

On 11/9/2012 11:04 AM, Bonnie Lokenvitz wrote:
I am working with a new client who uses Turnover. Their
configuration is letting multiple developers check out the same
source member with no error message and no halt.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing ... under certain circumstances you might want to let multiple developers checkout the same source at the same time.

As long as the code is checked out to different locations, this is known as concurrent development (at least that's what we call it in Implementer).

Properly managed, this can provide good productivity gains.

The key is to make sure that concurrent development is closely managed and that changes made by one developer are merged in with changes made by other developers.

david