wMySqlStmt = 'create alias myalias for mylib/mytable';

exec sql
execute immediate :wMySqlStmt;

should work IIRC...

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Darryl Freinkel <dfreinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have not used this in a while and need to be able to create a SQL alias
the fly.

I have a RPG SQL program that reads a file which contains the library, file
and member which I need to use and create a SQL ALIAS with so that I can
read this file.

Can someone help with how to do this in RPG?

Darryl Freinkel

Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | Fax 770.321.8562 | 2247 La Salle Dr, Marietta
GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA 30007-2556