RE: does anyone know what these QP0Znnnnnn *USRSPC objects in QUSRSYS are for?

Sean Porterfield

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark S Waterbury
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:48
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: does anyone know what these QP0Znnnnnn *USRSPC objects in QUSRSYS are for?

Hi, all:

I just noticed a whole bunch of user spaces with names like:

QP0Znnnnnn

in library QUSRSYS, where "nnnnnn": is apparently the job number of the job that created the user space.

They have text descriptions that look like:

nnnnnn/QTMHTTP/APACHEDFT
or
nnnnnn/QTCP/QTCPIP
or
nnnnnn/QPGMR/QSTRTCP

etc.

Does anyone recognize what they are for? Perhaps there is some TCP/IP "tracing" or "debug" option turned on somewhere that is causing these to get created?

Also, does anyone know of an easy way to delete them automatically? Or should I just write a little CL program using DSPOBJD to an *OUTFILE?

Thanks,

Mark S. Waterbury

--

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.