Rob,

Yeah, didn't realize IBM had a published migration now :)

As far as #2, as I read the OP...he has a v5r4 machine and the new 7.1
machine...so there's no reason not to test...granted would be a bit
difficult to test his apps on 7.1 prior to upgrading the v5r4 machine...but
certainly if he's going to go direct from v5r4 to 7.1 he should be able to
test the process.

Charles