SQL allows that effect easily. Just issue the following effective SQL "copy" request [note: CPYF will not do the same] after the new version of the production file is created:

INSERT INTO new_production_file
SELECT * FROM old_file_with_data

Without an OVERRIDING clause, the GENERATED ALWAYS identity values will be generated from the START WITH value that was specified when the new_production_file was created.

FWiW:

The MERGE statement may be able to effect same.? I did not investigate, nor have I ever used that feature.

While the two ALTER requests already utilized by the OP [first to DROP COLUMN and second to ADD COLUMN of the IDENTITY column] to effect the desired results is more work for the database, the [effective; e.g. according to the journal] original file would be reset. That may be more beneficial in some cases, rather than three steps: first to create a new TABLE, second to copy the data, and third to DROP the old file.

Regards, Chuck