RE: TS3100 Tape Library and Brocade 6505 fibre switch

fixed

I confirm that. Just for grins I just went to the computer room and connected the 5735 up to the 3573 tape library >(random mode) and moved it to an IBM i V7 LPAR.

It showed up and ran just fine.

That statement is true if, and only if, you are trying to use NPIV to virtualize the tape library in VIOS.

We finally figured out this problem !!!!!!

The DRIVE configuration on our TS3100 was specified as TOPOLOGY(L-Port) ... This setting is not compatible when using a fibre switch. We changed it to TOPOLOGY(N-PORT) and everything started working !!!

When I looked into this a little more the TS3100 drive could have been set to TOPOLOGY(LN-Port) and it would have worked with the switch or directly attached....

Thanx for all your help with this issue. I will still try attaching this Tape Library DIRECTLY to my Power7's 5735 interface card too (Specifying TOPOLOGY(LN-Port) of course...)

Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap