Re: TS3100 Tape Library and Brocade 6505 fibre switch

fixed

Are you trying to use VIOS with NPIV? That requires a switch, but I can't think of a reason you need the switch other than internal standards. My 8202-E4C is direct connected to the fibre tape library (3583 in this case) on an 8Gb (formerly a 4GB) card and it works fine. Next I install the fibre switch and NPIV works.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects