My business partner told me that this interface card could NOT connect directly to the TS3100 or TS3200 tape library.
It has to connect through a fibre switch.
So it isn't a "shop" standard, it is a hardware limitation... So I've been told.

What is interesting though is that when this Power7 was located here at the home office it connected just fine to a TS3200 Tape Library through this switch:

HP Storageworks SAN Switch 4/21

Series: HSTNM-N002

PN: A7537A

The interface card on the Power7 connects just fine when connected to the Brocade 6505 switch.

Resource name . . . . . . . : DC03
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : Storage Controller
Type-model . . . . . . . . . : 577D-001
Serial number . . . . . . . : YL15A1217020
Part number . . . . . . . . : 0000000E0806

Location : U78AA.001.WZSH6LC-P1-C3

Port status Active
Protocol Switched fabric
Port speed (Gbps) 8
Number of targets detected 0
Port 1

However, it is connecting at 8Gbps and the TS3100 interface card is a 4Gbps card. Could this be part of the problem?
Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap