RE: TS3100 Tape Library and Brocade 6505 fibre switch

fixed

My business partner told me that this interface card could NOT connect directly to the TS3100 or TS3200 tape library.
It has to connect through a fibre switch.
So it isn't a "shop" standard, it is a hardware limitation... So I've been told.

What is interesting though is that when this Power7 was located here at the home office it connected just fine to a TS3200 Tape Library through this switch:

HP Storageworks SAN Switch 4/21

Series: HSTNM-N002

PN: A7537A

The interface card on the Power7 connects just fine when connected to the Brocade 6505 switch.

Resource name . . . . . . . : DC03
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : Storage Controller
Type-model . . . . . . . . . : 577D-001
Serial number . . . . . . . : YL15A1217020
Part number . . . . . . . . : 0000000E0806

Location : U78AA.001.WZSH6LC-P1-C3

Port status Active
Protocol Switched fabric
Port speed (Gbps) 8
Number of targets detected 0
Port 1

However, it is connecting at 8Gbps and the TS3100 interface card is a 4Gbps card. Could this be part of the problem?
Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap