Hmmm. Can you monitor this all remotely via the HMC? I am a complete neophyte when it comes to that modern marvel, but it seems this could all be done remotely. I'd probably load up the images while I was onsite, but it would be nice to kick off the upgrade for the development partition on a Saturday morning when it's not being used. And then I can get an idea for how long the production partition might take.

Joe, Yes the entire job will be done at one time, although it will take
"some minutes" as Larry likes to say.

The PTFs will be applied as needed, that's one reason you'll see the
system bounce up and down automatically. A very, very smart IBMr,
Distinguished Engineer, and long time COMMON volunteer came up with the
patented process that all of IBM now uses to apply PTFs. It deals with
the co-requisites, and Pre-Requisites so you don't have to.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects