Re: Applying TR5

fixed

That is awesome.

I've been out of the OS side of things since I last updated my personal machine, a slightly long-in-the-tooth model 270 that ended at V5R4 (the highest it could go). I haven't been able to justify an upgrade. :)

Joe

Joe, Yes the entire job will be done at one time, although it will take
"some minutes" as Larry likes to say.

The PTFs will be applied as needed, that's one reason you'll see the
system bounce up and down automatically. A very, very smart IBMr,
Distinguished Engineer, and long time COMMON volunteer came up with the
patented process that all of IBM now uses to apply PTFs. It deals with
the co-requisites, and Pre-Requisites so you don't have to.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects