Here's the command as issued from Windows7 FTP client: mget ftplog.*

And the results recorded my iSeries log file (not the ftplog file listed
above):
FTP exit pgm #FTPLOGON4 invoked
DIR /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/*.MBR
DIR /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/*.MBR
FTP exit pgm #FTPLOGON4 invoked
GET /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/FTPLOG.MBR
GET /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/FTPLOG.MBR
FTP exit pgm #FTPLOGON4 invoked
GET /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/Q1121022.MBR
GET /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/FTPLOG.FILE/Q1121022.MBR

When I do mget testfile.* (a non-existent iSeries file):
FTP exit pgm #FTPLOGON4 invoked
DIR /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/TESTFILE.FILE/*.MBR
DIR /QSYS.LIB/SECTCPDATA.LIB/TESTFILE.FILE/*.MBR

And the FTP client displays the message "Cannot find list of remote files"

Interesting that.

Tom