RE: SQL stmt to load a commonly used date format

fixed

Define the field as a Date type and you do not have to convert and format as character.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:42 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: SQL stmt to load a commonly used date format

I have a 6 character field named "todaysDate" that I want to load with today's date using SQL.

The stmt below works well, but one would think that there should be a much simpler stmt to load a commonly used date format.

Is there a simpler SQL stmt?

Thanks

update myFile set todaysDate = right(replace(char(current date,iso),'-',''),6)