To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: Spool file goes to SAV, but doesn't print

The first link says to use HP5SI, yet the IBM page I found with Google
states *HP5. I know there are different versions of the IBM page.
What is the difference between HP5 and HP5SI?

Somehow, I got the idea that the first model listed was "better". The
weird problem happened twice last week, but is sporadic. I was wonder
if printer had gone to sleep and took "too long" to wake up, and
somehow managed to send status back to the i that was misleading.
Printer not quite ready, so output not buffered to internal HD and i
determines report was printed when output got discarded. Not
understanding the consequences of making this change, I changed the
inactivity timeout from default of 170 to 300.

Fun, fun, fun.

John McKee