I just tripped over something in the "Systems management- Recovering your system" manual for v7.1 (SC41-5304-10):

"Important: Be sure to permanently apply all Licensed Internal Code PTFs (fixes) before using the
SAVSYS command, or the GO SAVE menu option 21 or 22." (page 3)

This is in the section for people new to the iSeries, but I've never heard of such a thing! I've always 'known' that a SAVSYS will save the currently applied PTFs (temporary and permanent)(both sides). And restoring your system from such a save will restore the system back to the state it was in when saved, with all PTFs right where they were.

Has anything changed?

Paul E Musselman