Re: IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 5 offers performance, usability, and integration enhancements

fixed

Um, faster? Really? I've had disc's arrive before downloads finished.
But we only have a sonnet fiber ring right outside our door to attach to
the internet. (I suspect it's IBM that's slow.)

When you are in a stressful situation and need to boot from disc it really
helps to put the CE's mind at ease to use a genuine IBM disc to do it. At
that time I really don't want a finger pointing at me that the problem is
my media.

Granted, back in the tape days, ordering PTF on media was a nice way to
get tapes for small backups. I think IBM figured that one out and really
shut down ordering PTF's on tape.