I just checked the system shutdown program used pre-save.

All the applications, WAS servers, Domino, etc are brought down nicely with time limits. Then TCP is ended, prior to the control group starting. So, all of what we came up with to be in the way seems to be dealt with in a proper way.

Kinda narrows it down to a processing issue within BRMS.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 10/8/2012 9:58 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Keep in mind that BRMS Network is rather fond of TCP/IP.

Rob Berendt
-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738 Ship to: Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Date: 10/08/2012 10:54 AM Subject: Re: BRMS Console Issues Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx Rob, I had not considered that. I wonder if the TCP is getting in the way of the back up? I highly doubt that it could affect it much since by that time everything using TCP is down, but still... You have to wonder. Jim Oberholtzer Chief Technical Architect Agile Technology Architects On 10/8/2012 9:50 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote: