RE: PTF Best Practice? apply to separate LPAR first, or to a non-production machine?

fixed

I, too, do not have the time nor inclination to read every PTF's cover
letter.

I've been in that situation where I've reported a problem and IBM's found
a solution but I've had to wait for QA on a ptf before they could ship it
to me. Occasionally they'll rush part way through the test and the PTF
will be flagged as a "test" ptf where no one without my serial number can
download it. Then IBM will finish QA and also wait to see how it works
for me before releasing it to the public. Even then, it may not still
make it to a cume.