From: Evan Harris <auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10/04/2012 04:04 PM
Subject: Re: cool, neat trick on IBM i v7.1 with CREATE TABLE

So what RDB entry do you have set up against DBSTEST ?

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM, <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I can create a table using RDB by doing this:
create table SENDLIB/TESTRDB as
(select * from DBSTEST.LIBD42.PCPPIST0) DEFINITION ONLY

but even though the file is created i can't use it lol
UPDDTA SENDLIB/TESTRDB
File TESTRDB in library SENDLIB was not found.

DSPFD shows me all of the file's attributes, etc.
DSPFFD gets the
File TESTRDB in library SENDLIB was not found.

using SQL
SELECT * FROM SENDLIB/TESTRDB
gets this:
TESTRDB in SENDLIB type *FILE not found.

it does create the table, you just can't access it or edit it's
authority,
etc. you can't get rid of it using DROP TABLE or DLTF from the command
line but you can delete it from WRKF lol. methinks there's a bug in the
system somewhere...
running IBM i v7.1 TR4 with all the latest & greatest CUME, Group &
Hipers installed

Can anyone else duplicate this? If so then perhaps a PMR is in order...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden