From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Sims
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:52 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: make cust file look like a journal record - format

Hi Joel -

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:40:03 +0000, "Stone, Joel"
<Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you know how to have SQL move the entire record format (all columns: packed, zoned, alpha) into a single field JOESD? (which is where the journal system stores my CUST record)

How about creating a file with just one field that is as long as the
longest record format that you want to process, then use CPYF with
FMTOPT(*NOCHK) to load it. Then I think you could use SQL against
that file to load your DSPJRN look-alike. No actual journal
processing required.

Ken