Gerald -

The original FAA5905 file has key fields, but having key fields has no bearing on the record format level id.

From what I have learned, the record format level ID is dependent on the
format name and the name, number, placement, length, and attributes of the fields therein.

(NOT whether or not it is a keyed file...)

In other words, if you change any of the following:

1) the record format name specified in the DDS,
2) the name of a field
4) the placement of fields within the file layout
5) length of any field
6) attributes of any field (char, numeric, etc.)

For example:

I created a copy of the DDS used to create FAA5905, except this DDS has NO key fields specified, and when compiled it produces an arrival sequence file which has record format level id of 2729492F22E27, same as the original keyed physical file.

However, I have been wrong on numerous occasions, and I'm sure that someone here will correct me if I am wrong!

- sjl