I should have said IMO with SELECT() anyway...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From: Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10/01/2012 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: How does DLTSPLF really work?

The SELECT criteria is only used IF the FILE keyword is *SELECT (as in
FILE(*SELECT))

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From: Marvin Radding <marvin.radding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10/01/2012 12:05 PM
Subject: How does DLTSPLF really work?

I have a mystery problem. I am trying to delete a specific spoolfile with

known attributes if it exists right after the program that creates it
ends. The command looks like this:

DLTSPLF FILE(AHS506R) SPLNBR(*LAST) SELECT(*CURRENT *OUTQ LABEL
MAILING)

When I debug the program and stop on this line, I look at the spoolfiles
and there is no spoolfile that meets these requirements. But there is a
spoolfile with the User Data set to RECEIPT. I press F10 to execute this
line and it deletes the spoolfile with the User Data set to RECEIPT. I
thought from the documentation for this command that it would only delete
spoolfiles that match the criteria on the command. I am mystified as to
why it deleted the spoolfile with RECEIPT. Can anyone tell me why it isn't

working like the documentation says it should?

Here is the documentation, that I think says that it must meet all of the
criteria:

Specifies which group of files should be selected for deletion.
Positional values can be specified to select the files: the user that
created the file, the device that the file is queued for, the form type
specified, the user data tag associated with the file, or the auxiliary
storage pool the file is in. Only files that meet each of the values
are selected.

Thanks in advance,

Marvin