From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SQL: how to farm journal: select only oldest and newest record for each cust #

Hi Joel

A quick thought - use a UNION SELECT. This assumes you have some
criteria for the particular set of records - the first SELECT would get
the record with some minimum timestamp, the second SELECT would get the
record with some maximum timestamp.

I'm just flying off the cuff with this - not sure it'd work at all -
depends on how the data comes out. It'll work in a general sense, though.