Now why would he select POWER if he has a POWER5?? :-) Honestly that unit is to IBM a 'System i' as that's what it was when manufactured and for most items you really do want to start down the correct path or it can be difficult to get the right combination of firmware etc.

I think what Paul's after is that it seems IBM is 'trying' to tell him not to go to 7.750. However on the supported versions table it IS shown as legit to connect a 7.750 HMC to a POWER5 with appropriate firmware.

- Larry