Hi Joel

A quick thought - use a UNION SELECT. This assumes you have some criteria for the particular set of records - the first SELECT would get the record with some minimum timestamp, the second SELECT would get the record with some maximum timestamp.

I'm just flying off the cuff with this - not sure it'd work at all - depends on how the data comes out. It'll work in a general sense, though.