Re: Help - Program QCLDCLPRO not found in library QSYS

fixed

Jeff:

The DCLPRCOPT command is like "IF" or "DO" or "GOTO" etc. -- it is a "compile time" command.

IBM doe ship a CPP (command processing program) for any of those "compile time" commands, because the CL compiler turns them into generated code (or in the case of DCLPRCOPT, it affects the generated code in some ways.)

IBM has never shipped the QCLDCLPRO program. It probably does not even exist.

What do you mean by, "When I attempt to run it..."? Are you trying to run it interactively, or via QCMDEXC, or what?

If you prompt the command, you should see this message:

CPD0031 Diagnostic 30 Command DCLPRCOPT not allowed in this setting.

Look at the output of your DSPCMD DCLPRCOPT, and you will see:

Where allowed to run . . . : *BPGM *IPGM

This tells you it can only be used in compiled CL programs.

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 9/27/2012 10:26 AM, Jeff Young wrote:
System on V7R1
I have a CLLE program that has the DCLPRCOPT command.

When I attempt to run it, I receive this message:
Message ID . . . . . . :
CPD0160
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/27/12 Time sent . . . . . . :
10:20:20

Message . . . . : Program QCLDCLPRO not found in library
QSYS.

Cause . . . . . : The required command processing or validity check
program
was not found in the library specified. The program is required by
the
command
definition.
Recovery . . . : Create or restore the required program, or in the
command,
change the name of the program (CHGCMD
command).

Using DSPCMD DCLPRCOPT, I see the following:
Command . . . . . . . : DCLPRCOPT Library . . . . . . . : QSYS

Program to process command . . . . . . : QCLDCLPRO
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
State used to call program . . . . . : *USER