RE: Using QSYRUPWD to write a script file

fixed

Cyndi,

I'm not familiar with the api, but I can pretty much guarantee that the
answer is, "No." IBM simply would not allow the password to be retrieved as
it would break the security rules. I have asked before (here, COMMON, IBM)
about retrieving lost passwords (notably QSECOFR) and the response was
embarrassing (imagine maniacal laughter).

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by any
competent historian.