From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: How to use i navigator to copy image catalog data between
systems

I always use a binary FTP to move the save files. I have never had the
Navigator function work quite right.

I'm not suggesting that Navigator is the problem, rather the movement of
the data from one IBM i box to the PC and then to the target IBM i box.
Just too many places for trouble. IBM i FTP directly to IBM i always
works, minimizes places for data corruption and because the LAN/WAN is
usually more robust between the hosts, faster.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects