I've read this book.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ron Adams
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: IBM is trying to kill me - or wants me to kill them!

So, if I may vent for just a moment about our favorite vendor.
This is an example of how NOT to serve your customer.

I went looking for the latest update today to our Client Access/iSeries Access/i Access software on the IBM site.
After logging in to the site that was re-designed a while back, I started searching for i Access updates. Numerous times I tried searching for iAccess, i Access iSeries Access and finding little or nothing in the line of what I was searching for. Eventually I gave up and turned to Google which led me to my intended target right away. A few clicks later and I'm downloading the intended service pack.
I go to install said service pack and wind up with a dialog box that states the following:
"An update is required to continue with this install. Refer to the following link for details and instructions:
Firstly, the link isn't clickable nor am I able to copy and paste it. So, I type in the link and what do I get?
"Our apologies - The page you requested cannot be displayed"

So here I sit fuming...

I've submitted the broken link to IBM for resolution, but was curious if anybody else has encountered this and what the solution is?

Ron Adams