If your drives are still balancing then something is amiss. You previously stated that disk I/O workload was exceptionally low on this system so I doubt that is the problem. Normally disk balancing of type *CAPACITY starts out a bit slow but completes within a single digit number of hours. You say CHKASPBAL still shows that balancing is active for ASP(1) Correct? How much memory and paging/faulting is there in the machine pool? Much work is done there for this function especially at the beginning of the balance work so starving that will have a very negative effect. In WRKDSKSTS you should see very lobsided numbers between the old and new disks with the old being very much higher on reads and the new guys high on writes. The new drives are usually much lower % busy at this point as they are just writing for now.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis