You can run IBM i Access Client Solutions data transfers in batch. This uses
the traditional IBM iSeries Access Data Transfer descriptions:

Craig Pelkie

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Adair
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 6:31 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Convert PF to Excel in batch

Is there a simple (cheap/free) utility to convert a PF to a true Excel file
(not CSV - customer requirement) in batch, and put it in the IFS? This
needs to run with no intervention.

Something like:

CVTPF2EXCEL file(library/file) path('/home/whatever/')

I've researched it and can't seem to find anything that fits the bill.
System i Access transfers won't work. If I had the time I could look into
writing it myself, but I don't. This seems basic enough that surely ("Don't
ever call me Shirley") someone must have needed this in the past.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

or change list options,
moment to review the archives at