Tracing Physicial File R/W Actions

fixed

Hi All,

We have a physical file that we are having problems retaining data. For some reason, data is being written to the system, but at random times it will delete a random amount of records.

All of the programmers swear that it's nothing they have created that is deleting the records. So with that said, is there any type of a trace/audit that would show me all of the read/writes performed on a physical file?

We tried to set up a monitor in Navigator, but it doesn't appear to have worked. Anybody else have a clue on how to track changes in a PF?

Thankee-sai!

/b;

Brian Piotrowski
Assistant Mgr. - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.
Ph: 705-435-7814 x343
Fx: 705-435-5029
http://www.simcoeparts.com

Please consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone (collect if necessary) and delete or destroy any copies of it. Thank you!