From the link:

I see:
Note: Typically, methods which change the state or attributes of the NetServer require that the system user profile has *IOSYSCFG special authority. For example, starting or ending the NetServer requires *IOSYSCFG authority.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John McKee
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 7:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Missing network shares (again)

From my pc, a "net use" shows all of my i shares as "Unavailable".

This has happened before, thus the "(again)" in the subject.

I searched the archives and found this:

Try again
Start, Programs, IBM i Access for Windows, System i Navigator. Once in there expand your system. Expand Network. Expand Servers, (not TCP/IP Configuration!!!), Select TCP/IP. Right click on i5OS NetServer. Select Properties.

When I try this, "properties" is greyed out. That suggests to me that I do not have a user profile with sufficient rights to see that. Am I correct? My user profile is associated with a group profile that has *ALLOBJ authority. Does this not apply when using iNav, or is something else going on?

Still terminal on v5r4m0

John McKee
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at