This is a great example of making old technology work with new thinking.
This is dead simple in a web application. A client side JavaScript could be
set to listen for changes from a server side script. I believe this is
where Node.js is best sending events to the client.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

Sent from my mobile.