RE: : Print images to network printer

fixed

Not with a mixture of TIFF and PDF documents.

The documents need to be rendered real-time to the printer format of choice.

I believe he has both PDF and TIFF docs.

We also have an API for rendering RAW files right to the printer via an outq, but this assumes the files have been pre-rendered to the format of choice whether it be PDF, Postscript, PCL, AFPDS, etc.

We also have an API to render documents to AFPDS format so they can be printed on an AFPDS/IPDS printer if needed.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:55:37 +0000
from: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Print images to network printer

I used a simple Cmd/CPP tool from Scott Klement's site a few years ago...

PRTSTMF
Print Raw Stream File (PRTSTMF)

Type choices, press Enter.

Stream file to print . . . . . . > '/Documents/Scanned/Doc12345.pdf'

Output Queue to print on . . . . > MYOUTQ Character value

The printer must support the data-stream being sent, I think I used it for Postscript or PCL... I know many printers can print PDF natively... This might be all you need.

Hth,
-Eric DeLong