Sorry sent the wrong field:

BC4 31S 0 6 20BARCODE(34 X'03')

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Schutte
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Intelligent Mail Barcode

Hey Mark, what's undefined?

John, you haven't specified the barcode to print. You just named a field.

Here is a site for the BARCODE keyword in DDS.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.
ibm.etools.iseries.langref2.doc/rzakdmstptbarco.htm

For V5R2
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzakd/rzakd
mstptbarco.htm

Your printer file should be something like this...

A BARCODEP 65 3 20BARCODE(CODE128 2)

CODE128 tells it what type of barcode to print. 2 is the height of the
barcode.

Unfortunately, I didn't do my barcode using a printer file. Instead I used
a software package. So I'm not sure about making this a CODE128 subset C
with FNC1 in a printer file. The subset C is what confuses me and I would
like to know the answer to that too. But you can fake the FNC1 by putting
it at the beginning of the variable BARCODEP. Like the previous post,

BARCODEP = X'8F' + %Trim(PostalRouting) + X'8F' + TrackingNumber;

You find this site helpful too.
https://ribbs.usps.gov/

https://ribbs.usps.gov/onecode_solution/documents/tech_guides/USPSIMB_Tech_R
esource_Guide.pdf

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <