Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 8/23/2012 1:03 PM, John Mathew wrote:
I just checked with DSPFD the number of members is Zero.
Does this mean the file has no members in it.
Please suggest.

________________________________
From:"rob@xxxxxxxxx" <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 23 August 2012 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: Error CPF4102

More likely this means the whole file is missing. In that joblog, if you
press F1 on that message, it should display the reason code. That will
help more. It may also say something like "if the member name is *N
then...".

> From a command line you can also try
DSPFD FILE(XX10176485/C050812)
If that fails then it's because of one (or more) of these reasons:
- The library does not exist.
- You do not have access to the library
- The file does not exist
- You do not have access to the file
- You had a typo
If that works, then go to the bottom and it will list the members
contained in the file.

Rob Berendt
-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738 Ship to: Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com/