Generally I just create the table with the long name, change SYSTEM NAME
and then in the same script use CALL QCMDEXC to rename the member...but
both ways work :)

From: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 08/23/2012 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: AW: Field names in SQL-generated files

Then you need to:

RENAME table CUSTMSTR TO CUSTOMER_MASTER;
RENAME table CUSTOMER_MASTER TO SYSTEM NAME CUSTMSTR;
LABEL ON TABLE CUSTOMER_MASTER IS 'Customer Master';

Using my example of the customer master. The member name will
correspond to the system name this way. Otherwise it will be a
generated member name.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects