Then you need to:

RENAME table CUSTMSTR TO CUSTOMER_MASTER;
RENAME table CUSTOMER_MASTER TO SYSTEM NAME CUSTMSTR;
LABEL ON TABLE CUSTOMER_MASTER IS 'Customer Master';

Using my example of the customer master. The member name will correspond to the system name this way. Otherwise it will be a generated member name.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 8/23/2012 9:03 AM, mgarrison@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Probably to keep the member name the same as the short name rather than
the name that the system creates for the member name.

Rob Berendt wrote on 08/23/2012 08:53:24 AM:

> From:rob@xxxxxxxxx
> To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Date: 08/23/2012 08:53 AM
> Subject: Re: AW: Field names in SQL-generated files
> Sent by:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Jim,
> > Why do you create the table with the short name, rename it to the long
> name, and rename the system name to the short name instead of creating
the
> table with the long name and just renaming the short name?
> > > Rob Berendt
> -- > IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1
> Group Dekko
> Dept 1600
> Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
> Garrett, IN 46738
> Ship to: Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
> To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Date: 08/23/2012 09:35 AM
> Subject: Re: AW: Field names in SQL-generated files
> Sent by:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > You just killed two of my requirements. Apparently iNav has this
> capability and so does the API
> System name option. The system name option specifies whether a RENAME
> statement should be generated for the system name when it is different
> from the SQL name and the object type is an INDEX, TABLE, or VIEW. The
> valid values are:
> 0 A RENAME statement should not be generated.
> 1 A RENAME statement should be generated.
> > I figured if iNav has this capability the API had to have it. After
all,
> I'd bet that iNav uses that API.
> > Sample output generated:
> > CREATE TABLE ROB.REALLYLONGNAME (
> MYBIGHONKINGCOLUMN FOR COLUMN MYBIG00001 CHAR(5) CCSID 37
DEFAULT

alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:31 PM
> > To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
> > Subject: Re: Field names in SQL-generated files
> >
> > Do you have Ops Nav installed. It has a table create wizard that will
> generate the sql automatially and you can enter short and long names. I
> always give short and long names. I could also send you a script with
both
> but use Ops Nav if you can.
> >
> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

SQL