So what kind of ratio do you look for to between paging and faults -
do you have a rule of thumb as to what % of faults is acceptable ?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Depends on the system (CPUs, total memory) the faulting numbers here
could be acceptable but they are significant. Pool 2 (*BASE) is showing
more than one in four pages as a fault that's not a great ratio. Pool 5
is very poor with about 80% of pages faulting. Need more meory there
almost certainly. Pool 4 is very good with 0.03% of pages faulting and
that's with a LOT of paging! The machine pool ration is poor also with
almost seven of eight pages faulting but the numbers are pretty low
overall there so not a huge problem.

If it was me, I would be investigating more memory for this system or
potentially fewer jobs running in pool 2 and 5.

Of course additional performance work with the iDoctor tools or MPG's
tools will help get more refined answers.

I don't believe QTEMP is in there, that space is tracked differently as
I recall.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis