wrote on Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:51:52 GMT:

I still say there has to be something wrong with that formula
as DSPOBJD says for ERPLXF/SIL:
Storage information:
Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1613025280
Offline size . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1612972032
If there's only 1.6GB used by the file, how can there be 55GB
in deleted space?

Rob, I saw a couple of instances where there were more deleted
records than records, so I made an educated guess the "CARDS"
field reflects the number of active records not the total
including the deleted records. My guess may be very wrong.

I wonder if the 2nd SQL would have returned different results?

The 2nd SQL is

SELECT SYS_DNAME, SYS_TNAME, SYS_MNAME, case when (AVGROWSIZE <>
-1) then deleted * avgrowsize / 1073741824 else
decimal(double(DELETED)/(DELETED + CARD) * 100 * SIZE /
1073741824,9,4) end as gigabytes_not_in_use FROM
QSYS2/SYSpartitionSTAT WHERE DELETED > 0 ORDER BY 4 desc

Multiplying the average size for each record by the number of
deleted records may return different information. Then again,
this may be an exercise in futility.

Sue