From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 10:02 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Error Log Interpretation

1 - I would question any CLEAR(*YES) that finished in 5 minutes. Unless
you can fit your system on a 'test' tape.
2 - I tried a .50 caliber muzzleloader (round ball) edge wise on a
reel-to-reel tape. Minimal (almost nonexistant) penetration. Tightly
wound tape media is tough. Did sling that reel quite a ways though. There
are more effective methods which will not make a mess out of your shooting
range. Most of our data isn't exactly curtains for the free world if the
data gets out. But also keep in mind how dedicated certain people are.
During the heyday of the Carter administration (heyday + Carter =
oxymoron) the dedicated over in Tehran took the paper shreddings from the
embassy and put them back together like you would a jigsaw puzzle. Hence
why we have smaller, cross cutting shredding machines now for more
sensitive work.