Yeah silly you for using the same tape again but now you're pretty sure the tape is toast.

One thing about interpreting that report. Compare to other tapes. If the rest of your inventory shows 0's or just a handful then 2482 is a bunch and this tape needs retiring. I just ran the report on a production system with LTO4 tapes that have been in use for 2 years in rotation. The list of about 40 tapes shows a stack of goose eggs for the write and read errors.

There is also a note on the report that if the tape has a > it should be considered for replacement and if >> then 'chuck it.' :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis.