In case may not already know: Ardgate does provide that,
and Scott Klement's service program, and ProData's RDB Connect product ($$)

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 7:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Hooray!!! DB2 for i adds remote & local support in a single SQL statement!

Agree with the YEA!

Now if only that remote database could be something other than DB2 and I could hit any ODBC/JDBC compliant database :)

INSERT INTO locallib.customers
SELECT lastname, address, city
FROM somewindowsserverrunningMSSQL.datalib.customer WHERE state='IA'

Or

INSERT INTO locallib.customers
SELECT lastname, address, city
FROM someserverrunningOracle.datalib.customer WHERE state='IA'