Hi, Dave:

What version of OS/400 or IBM i are you running on? At V6R1, IBM added support for *QRYDFNs in the Object Information Repository (OIR) of each library (*LIB), so you can now use DSPPGMREF to find cross-reference information for queries. However, there are some "caveats" -- if I remember correctly, you must either open each query with WRKQRY under V6R1 and save it again, to get the (new) cross-reference information generated, or I think there may have been a PTF or some special tool you could run that would populate that OIR information for you.

Also, some years ago, Jeff Yanoviak published a nice article in NEWS/400 (iSeries News) illustrating how to "roll your own" cross-reference for *QRYDFNs, and he also published a tool that uses a virtual terminal session so you would not have to open each query and save it manually.

See:

for details.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 7/3/2012 10:44 AM, Dave wrote:
Hi,

I need to take care of all the *QRYDFN on the system that use a file
I've modified.
I got the list by querying the output of DSPPGMREF on all the objects
on the system. All the QRY have the field WHSPKG = 'Q'

I copied all the QRY I found to my development library, and then using
wrkqry, I used option 2 + save to get them to use the new file format.
I copied them all back to the original libraries then I ran :

DSPPGMREF PGM(*ALLUSR/*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OBJTYPE(*QRYDFN)
OUTFILE(mylib/QRYDFN)

I'm only seeing one of the many QRY I modified in this outfile.

What am I missing or how should I have done this?

Thanks