From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:53 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SWMA question

<rant>
Switching BPs isn't always as straight forward as you would think. We
have been in the process of TRYING to switch BPs for over 2 months. And
yes IBM IS the problem. For some reason they prefer to protect their
"preferred" BPs rather than their customers. Our lease expires at the end
of August and our current (and hopefully soon to be former) BP pretty much
has a lock on us regardless of many emails & phone calls with IBM's BP
reps and we seem to be getting nowhere fast. We have already obtained
quotes from our "new" BP for the new machine leases, etc. but IBM refuses
to budge since our "current" BP has put in a bid on the lease renewal.
Seems like someone at IBM needs to pull their collective heads out of
their collective behinds. In no uncertain terms we've let IBM no that
there is no chance in Hell of our current BP getting our business (long
story let's just say that their service & EVERYTHING else has been a
painfully inept service, etc) so we're in a hovering pattern waiting for
SOMEONE at IBM to get a clue. The last update was "We'd really like to
help but your current BP refuses to release their bid on the lease". Bids
be damned the customer SHOULD come before the friggin' BPs bottomline!!!

</rant>

Thanks,
Tommy Holden