I guess what I was trying to find out was, if you had the 7.1 media, then
what would the verdict have been on paying the 116%.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The SWMA lapsed in January. The BP sent the renewal notice to a dead email
address in December, and didn't make a follow-up phone call. Yes, it could
have been ordered, but as I pointed out to Rob, this is a small contractor
out in the boonies of Georgia. They're not going to put a lot of effort
into
upgrading just because the new version of the OS adds a new bell or
whistle.
Would you go buy a new miter saw because the manufacturer added a little
laser light that shows you where the blade is touching? :-))

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Kingsley
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SWMA question

Have to ask, from the time that SWMA lapsed to when 7.1 came out was there
a time that you could have ordered it. Tough one for the BP, but a tougher
one for your customer.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<<When you were paying for maintenance and had swma did you ever order
6.1
of the OS.>>

Yup. I even flew out there to upgrade both machines to 6.1 when the new
software vendor had them upgrade the OS.

The decision has been made now to pay the "extortion", and the BP will
now
be cut out of the loop. They will make their contracts straight with IBM
in
the future.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978